Sunday, January 22, 2006

Who Needs White When There's Hand Dyed?

Did I buy the white burlap for my cork board while I was at the store? Noooooo. I'm not that smart. Did I know I'd want to cover board today? Yes. (sigh).

So, I pulled out white fabrics from my stash. They were all wrong.

Then this hand dyed piece, too boring to sell, jumped out at me. And....gee....it's exactly the same length as the wall. I'm a genius---just not a very smart one. Get me?
See?  I'm a genius.
You can't see the staples around the edges. Some funky, staple-covering trim needs to appear.

I turned my back for a moment and an elf slipped in the room to do a little impromptu decorating of her own:
She's a genius.


She's hanging a piece I bought from Amanda Perkins. Amanda lives in England, near the coast, and does amazing things with natural dyes. Her artwork seems organic and time worn to me....as if it's been laying undiscovered on the beach for a century or two. Visit her site. Especially if you're a Tolkien geek. She's created many pieces based on the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Silmarillion.

I saw this piece titled 'Ninepatch' and knew that it must be mine.
Amanda's a genius.


Tomorrow, when the kids and I are done with school, I'm going to start moving in furniture. The anticipation is almost more than I can stand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That fabric is absolutely PERFECT for the wall! And I can certainly see why you had to have that little quilt. Can't wait to see this room done (and I'll bet you can't, either.....)

teri