Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Transitional

I've got that tingling, fuzzy feeling in my chest today.

My world seems to be up in the air. Nothing feels settled. Several quilt projects are half done, waiting for the spark of inspiration. Every room in my house needs a little work....not really crusty, but in need of a little up keep. I'm in the process of choosing paint colors again. That takes forever for me. It's so easy in my work and so difficult in my home. Why is that? The weather is the chaotic....mud mixed with snow, puddles and ice, green in one friend's yard, barren in mine. Oy!

Here's a little green in my house:


This amaryllis suddenly burst into life after months of not being watered. I love how plants to that....react to the longer days and prove you wrong about being dead. The photo is actually older. I've been waiting for a chance to share it with you and will post the photo progression in my sidebar every day.

I think the real cause for my tentative feelings is because yesterday I accepted a comission--a substantial comission. Comission work has not gone well for me. I develop hangups that cause me to procrastinate and then it all goes haywire. Every time I take one on, I promise myself that I won't screw it up....yet I always do. Currently I have five in the docket and am working on heart quilts instead. Not good business.

So, once again, I'll control what I can today. I'll do laundry and pick up the house. My sewing machine will wait patiently. Maybe there'll be time for a little stitching this evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow