Friday, March 25, 2005

Am I Crazy?!?

Yes I am. 7 boys, 12 and under, are under my roof. I invited them (except for the two that live with me). I said, 'Please come make wreckage of my already disorderly home!' They have watched movies and eaten pizza and nachos and made a mind boggling maze of linked Game Boy cords. My supportive husband and I put them to bed all in one room. I got out of bed at 5 a.m. to find only three sleeping in the original space. 2 had migrated to another bedroom. One was sleeping by the dining room table and 1---and I had to search for him-----was asleep on the bathroom floor.

Holy Cow! Have I lost my mind?

Yes, completely. Because this morning I'm going to tie dye t-shirts with them.

Pray for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, darling.....You are truly OUT OF YOUR MIND!! But then, who am I to talk?? I drove to the Soo with 4 boys ranging in age from 14 to 17 and spent 4 days at the Kewadin for a pond hockey tourny. One boy ended up sleeping in the bathtub with the door locked after he nailed my son with shaving cream around his head on the pillow. Last week I drove to Marquette with 2 13 year olds for a long weekend of snowboarding (and arguing...they are as bad as little girls!!). After reading your blog I have decided that the new studio will need a lean-to with a concrete floor and floor drains so we can do this kind of stuff outside!! Of course, I am lucky in that Joey's birthday is in August, not March!! Have fun. They are only young once. Oh, and welcome to the ring!!!!

teri (in SW MI where all the snow is gone and it's been near 50 the last few days)

Lisa said...

Yes I would say you are certifiably cRaZy! And I don't imagine you are tie-dyeing outdoors either. Good luck!

Just think though, these are the times your sons will remember the best! You're a great mom :-)