Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Warning: Depressed Person Blogging!

I am trying. Really trying. Yet no matter what I do, I feel like a complete crudball today. Playing with my kids hasn't helped and neither has the solace of a good phone call. And everytime I eat I contemplate my general largeness. The day just keeps deteriorating. I have now succumbed to the only comfort left: the pink fuzzy bathrobe (verbal description will have to do...I'll spare you from the unsavory pictures).

So where did this come from? Probably a good part of it is that aliens have removed the sun from the sky and replaced it with brown and grey. Some of it comes from my struggle to be original. I'm fretting about this fern quilt and whether or not it looks like anyone else's work....and whether or not that matters.....and why I can't seem to not care.

--BIG sigh-- breathe....in through the nose, out through the mouth. Lamaze is a Godsend.

The only thing that did feel good today was sewing the fern quilt. So, I shall leave you with that. I did make considerable progress with satin stitching and managed to finish the baby frond:
the color's better in person

And a detail:
good grief, who taught me to satin stitch?
The stitching won't be winning any awards, but I'm liking the way it looks.

No comments: