Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Of Behemoths and Viruses

First: A Report

I, Olympic Knitter Catherine Arnett, am fading fast. It seems there wasn't enough endurance training before the games and after 5 nights of staying up waaaaayyy too late, I am now ill. Hate that! So, my trainer (that would be my immune system) is suggesting rest. There will be knitting tonight, but probably only until 9:30. That's the bad news.

The good news is that there's progress!
I'm So Proud!
Now, mind you, my friend and complete Fiber Jedi, Emily Parson has managed to make and block two sweater fronts covered with cables. Maybe she's made the back, too. Either way, she's done it all with small children tearing around. She knits like a cartoon character. I don't think you can actually see her fingers move. It's just a stream of knitting flying off the ends of the needles. I'm in awe.

In other news, The Behemoth got smaller. Then it grew. Exponentially.
Be Very Afraid
What am I gonna' do with all this garbage?!? It's completely overwhelming to me. And the picture is not all of it. Now the evil mass has bled into my new area and onto my print table. The reason for this:
All Green, All the Time
.....The second half of the sewing room remodel. This room is adjacent to the area you saw in January. It's now painted green and carpet squares have been procured for the floor (the lovely tile pattern carpet will remain in the other room due to lack of funds). Storage is the room's main purpose, though it also houses our chest freezer and my Ironrit mangle. Slowly, this will all come back together. I must tackle a bit at a time and try not to let it drive me over the edge (kind of a short trip).

Well, my time's up for tonight. If you'll excuse me, I have a date with my nightgown...and my knitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your knitting is gorgeous. Sorry the bug has gotten you. Your studio remmdel is inspiring. Can't wait to get my digs set up. I plan to do a print table following your great blog directions.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh you are too funny. I wish I could come help you. It is just too hard to purge/organize your OWN stuff. It is much easier to do it for someone else. The room is going to be fabulous, though, this will all be worth it!

Actcrabby said...

The lace is looking beautiful. That pattern is so complicated for your first knitted lace. Mine is simpler, but I've had to rip it a million times. Keep going, good luck.

Diane Perin said...

Oh, I hear you...I too started a FIRST lace project for the Olympics...and there's no way it'll be done by sunday. I'm having fun, but I'm not going to look to closely at whether the lace holes line up perfectly. We Olympic athletes just keep forging ahead!