Friday, February 22, 2008

Yarns

Wednesday night, I got to go to my fiber group. It's been a few months due to life in general. We're suppose to be devoloping art quilts, doing critiques, etc.... In a fit of spring fever, all of that was abandoned for the lure of hand dyed yarn.

Enter my first hand dyed sock yarn:

This looks like salsa to me...fresh tomatoes and peppers...good enough to eat.

In other knitting insanity, there is lace:

This is the Swallow Tail Shawl by Evelyn Clark, published in Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. The yarn is hand dyed silk (dyed by another artist). I've made it once before and am saying bad words in the same places as last time. Fancy that!

2 comments:

Fibra Artysta said...

OMG woman...if you start dyeing sock yarn on top of the already stunning fabric of your's, I will stand outside your window with drool running down my face and not budge from your doorstep until I procure some. I am bitten by the sock bug and feel the need to knit a million pairs...sock yarn...hand dyed by Cathy Arnett...OMG...I'm going to go lay down now, I feel dizzy.

Anonymous said...

Your first hand-dyed sock yarn turned out delicious, I can't wait to see it knit up. As to the shawl; cuss all you want, it will be stunning :o)