Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fabric

In the interest of keeping this blog alive, I'm posting some pics of fabric I've made over the past couple of weeks. These are all done with mx dyes. The colors looked a little wierd in Photoshop, so I'm not sure if they'll seem as dramatic to you as they do to me.

This one uses my favorite 'face' screen print with many layers of discharge and dye painting:


Next up, more discharge over layers of dye painting. I layered ripped freezer paper on here and then painted discharge off the edge:


And then two pieces of scrunch dyeing. These were the best of several




The kids kept me so busy today that this post is the extent of my creative efforts for the day. I've also been working on a lace shawl that is sucking the lifeblood out of me now that I'm to the border. Grrr.

I'm hoping to make more fabric this week.

No comments: